Braunton BMX Club
Minutes for General Meeting (GM)
7th June 2017, 7:30pm, The Aggi, Braunton
Committee present: Darren Phipps (Chair) Vanessa Harrison (Vice Chair), Stuart Butler (Treasurer), Rob Flavell (Secretary),
Members present: Andy, Aggie & Ed Harrison, Mark Ellis, Paddy, Charlie & Nikkie Dempsey, Ski Martin
- Declarations of interest
- Appointment of Treasurer
- Stuart Butler nominated by Darren Phipps & seconded by Rob Flavell
- Stuart introduced himself, giving a brief resume of his background and skillset
- Committee very happy to have someone with the skills & knowledge that Stuart has on board and we’re sure he will be a valuable asset to the club.
- Track build update
- Expecting revised C&K quote, hopefully by the end of this week
- Discussed hold up with land transfer, looking at ways to help this along
- Discussed funding shortfall and agreed away ahead:
- Await land transfer / revised C&K quote
- Revisit all existing funders (County & District -106, Fullabrook CIC)
- Look to get another meeting with the Parish, who are yet to contribute to the project.
- Approach County Councillor – Locality grants
- Club brand identity
- Ski working on new Club logo & branding, more to follow shortly
- Discussed how we could work with Bideford BMX once the track has been built. More discussions on how this might take shape to follow.