Braunton BMX Club
Minutes for Committee Meeting (CM)
8th May 2017, 7:30pm, The Aggi, Braunton
Committee present: Darren Phipps (Chair) Vanessa Harrison (Vice Chair), Rob Flavell (Secretary)
- Declarations of interest
- Appointment of Treasurer
- We need to appoint a new Club Treasurer after Mary Shepherd decided to step down – Thanks for all your dedicated hard work Mary. It was decided to hold a General Meeting on Wednesday 7th June at 7:30 at The Aggie in Braunton and take the opportunity to appoint a new Treasurer during this meeting. If you have a burning desire to get involved with the club at a committee level and are a bit handy at accounts and fundraising please contact us here
- Track build update
- The committee agreed to appoint Brett Lawrence from Slee Blackwell to carry out the conveyance for the Land transfer, he was instructed on Tuesday 9th May 2017.
- Pearce are drawing up Heads of Terms and have appointed Gillian Jones at Toller Beattie
- Update on progress of transfer as this occurs
- Discussed funding shortfall and looked at ways of address this
- Discussed options for minimising the impact of VAT for the track build, committee have a number of options to explore.
- C&K site visit this week (w/e 14th May) to have another look at the field & to discuss options surrounding soil importing and track design.
- Club brand identity
- Agreed by committee to appoint a graphic designer to create a club identity that can form the basis of our club brand. More to follow on this